Model Website: NY Student Data Privacy Website
This website has general information about:
- the New York law and parent bill of rights;
- a link to report an improper disclosure;
- a glossary of terms;
- a list of the student data elements collected (and why they are collected);
- a description of the federal laws that protect student data and links to FERPA resources for school officials; and
- links to contact New York’s Chief Privacy Officer at New York State Education Department or give website feedback.