This short guide provides short answers to the following questions:
- How Is Student Data Used?
- Which Federal Laws Already Address Student and Child Privacy?
- Do General Privacy Laws Address Student Data?
- What Are Common State-Level Approaches to Regulating Student Data?
- What Are Potential Issues to Consider When Drafting Student Privacy Legislation?
- Which Stakeholders Should Policymakers Consult When Considering Measures to Protect Student Data?
- Which Resources Can Policymakers Use to Further Evaluate and Create Student Data Privacy Legislation?